Sunday, September 23, 2012

Carried Away

Now that the Batcube is finished I can begin work on a new Heroclix transport case just for my seven Away Team members. I'm going to make a 1:1 replica of the TOS tricorder to house my figures.

At 1:1 there is enough room to hold them all if I put Kirk on top, behind the speaker grill. I thought about building it a little larger, say at 115% to fit all the figures inside the lower body of the tricorder, but even at that scale it starts to become unwieldy.
 
By keeping it 1:1 I can have a nice TOS prop to display by its own merits, yet still have a functional carrying case for my Heroclix figures. The tricorder will have the little opening doors and rotating viewer. The whole front half of the tricorder below the display head compartment will slip off to reveal the characters.
 
As you can see, there is enough room within the tricorder housing to fit all seven figures without changing the scale.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I encourage you to leave a comment. I value your feedback.