Friday, July 20, 2012

The Eagle Has Landed +43

 

Check out the Buzz Aldrin/Crystal Method mash-up I cobbled together from my interview with Dr. Aldrin below. I call it "Buzz Method."  The full audio of that interview appears later in this post.


Podcast Powered By Podbean


I was four years old when Apollo 11 touched down in the Sea of Tranquility and man first impressed his footprint upon the moon. I was captivated. The images of the lunar module on the surface of the moon, of Neil Armstrong taking that historic first step, of Buzz Aldrin saluting the American flag are burned indelibly in my mind. I couldn't get enough moon, NASA or astronauts, clearly a chronic case of Moon Fever that stays with me to this day. While I may never get to press my footprint into the dusty lunar soil, I could, with enough cash, turn my backyard into a replica Tranquility Base. Here's a company that will not only rent you the appropriate spacesuit, but a full sized lunar module and a command capsule. Honey, call the neighbors and chain up the dog, the Eagle has landed!
In September of 2006 I had the great fortune to interview Buzz Aldrin one of my childhood heroes and the second man on the moon. Listen to Dr. Aldrin describe that historic event in his own words.





 Interview with Buzz Aldrin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I encourage you to leave a comment. I value your feedback.