Monday, July 16, 2012

43 years ago today: Where were you when Apollo 11 lifted off for the moon? | al.com

My Apollo XI patch right above my monitor. I look at it every day.

I was four years old when Apollo XI lifted off on it's historical journey. Even as a little kid I watched every bit of news coverage I could find. I couldn't get enough. I had been stricken by a bad case of Moon Fever. It was so bad that I wouldn't let my daddy gas up the car anyplace but the local Gulf station because they were giving out fold-up paper models of the lunar module with every fill up. Remember those?


Thanks to the wonders of the Internet, we can relive the joy of inserting tab A into slot B. Here is a high resolution copy of that wonderful childhood memory that you can print onto card stock and make yourself.

Here are some other superb Apollo papercraft models to build-- a perfect way to spend some quality time with the kids on a rainy afternoon.
  
Apollo Papercraft Models To Print








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I encourage you to leave a comment. I value your feedback.