Monday, August 6, 2012

Star Trek Phase II Gets Underway




Star Trek Phase II gets underway with a new actor, Brian Gross taking over the role of Captain Kirk. There are exciting new design changes for the Enterprise herself-- An experimental refit of engines that are a masterful synthesis of the original series engines and the ones which appear for the first time in "Star Trek The Motion Picture." The graphics, as always, are breathtaking. There are a few winks and nods to other TOS characters in this vingette, but the most delightful surprise for me was seeing Mr. Arex from the animated series on duty at the navigator's station. That put an ear-to-ear grin on my face. Arex was always one of my favorite characters and it was a big kick to see him again. And from what I understand, he's voiced by Chris Doohan. (who has a few things up his tunic sleeve himself.) I can't wait to see what other surprises they have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I encourage you to leave a comment. I value your feedback.